Sound Shore Medical Center
Sound Shore Medical Center is proud of its leading-edge services and programs. Many have earned distinction by state and national review organizations for achieving and maintaining the highest quality of care within the specialty.
- Accredited by the Joint Commission - the nation's oldest and largest hospital accreditation agency
- Bariatric Surgery - Designated as Center of Excellence by the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- 1st Trimester Antepartum Screening - Designated a Center of Excellence by the Fetal Medicine Foundation which is responsible for establishing international quality standards
- Cancer Program - approved, with commendation, by the Commission on Cancer of the American College of Surgeons
- Stroke Center - New York State designated
- Area Trauma Center - New York State designated - the only one in southern Westchester
- Perinatal Hospital - New York State designated - Includes a Level 3 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit that provides state-of-the-art care for fragile newborns
- Joint Replacement - Gold Seal of Approval from the Jointment Commission as a certified Center of Excellence in both hip and knee joint replacement.
Areas of Expertise
Sound Shore Medical Center is also proud of our 150-bed Schaffer Extended Care Center located on the SSMC campus. It provides 50 beds for short-term rehabilitation patients and 100 beds for long-term residents.
Find a Doctor
Click here to visit the City of New Rochelle's web site.